Stones

Gretchen Gonzalez Gonzamiller2aAOL.COM
Tue Jan 28 14:55:04 PST 2003

We left  stones from Lake Superior with our names and dates of our pilgrimage
in the Pilgrim Office and in the crypt of St James in the Catedral along with
the prayers and intentions of family and friends .
During our journey I was on the lookout for a special small stone from each
day of our walk. I would make note of the location and date with a fine tip
black marker.  I have them all in a special bowl at home and I'll just pick
one up and feel like I have a piece of  the land still with me.  I must note
that we only did the last 150 km of the camino - I plan to return in April of
the Holy Year 2004 to experience the full Camino.  Then I'll take advantage
of the green mail boxes you can get at the local post offices to forward
along my stones and books to Santiago.
Gretchen in Michigan