following to discover how to lead

dandekay dandekayaSBCGLOBAL.NET
Mon Jan 20 23:18:17 PST 2003

Hi Rachel,
   I walked the Camino in Sept-October of 2002....started in St. Jean Pied-de-Port, walked to Santiago and then Finisterre, and then back to SJPP. I'm a NOLS wilderness medicine instructor, you might think this will be a wilderness hike.  It's not a wilderness experience, though you will be walking everyday and passing through wonderful rural countryside.  There are villages every 5-10 kilometers or so, with a few passages of 10-25 km where there are no villages or towns.  You will find much information from the various guidebooks available (I found the book published by the Confraternity of St. James in London to be invaluable.  Look them up on the web for purchasing the book if you are interested.  Also, a good book to read prior to going is "Pilgrim Stories" by Nancy Frey.
Buen Camino!   Daniel
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: rachel keeton
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Sunday, January 19, 2003 9:05 AM
  Subject: following to discover how to lead

      hey everybody!  my name is rachel keeton and my sister caitlin and i will be hiking the camino this may and june.  we're both college students in the u.s. and i had some experience with wilderness trekking last summer when i did a 28-day outward bound course in the mountains of north carolina.  we're both incredibly stoked about this experience, but we're looking for someone we can correspond with regularly about the details of this adventure.  if you've walked the camino before, or if you're planning on walking this summer please email me so we can get in touch.  thanks so much!!!  -rachel keeton