Using telephone in Spain

Bob Spenger rspengeraADELPHIA.NET
Tue Jan 21 16:57:27 PST 2003

One note of caution for Americans and Canadians. Check the cards to make sure that thy are good for calls to your home country. My first attempt to buy such cards in Spain was in Canfranc Estacion at a variety shop. They had sveral kinds of cards, but most of them were for Europe only. The exception to
that was a card good for calls to Ibero-America. They did not have cards good for calls to the U.S. and Canada. I had to wait until I got to Jaca. I arrived there on a Sunday and cards were available only at the post office, so I had to wait until 9:00 Monday morning to get a card. After that I usually
got them at the Post Offices, although I remember that a sort of hardware/general store was the best place to get them in Castrojerez.

regards,

Bob Spenger