What to bring and what not to

Joe English santiagowalkingaHOTMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 6 02:34:28 PST 2003

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003 09:57:44 +1100, D & M Matthews <dmatthewaNOR.COM.AU>
wrote:

>Dare I raise this question when so many are obviously given to much
higher considerations?

>What is the phone system like along the Camino? (No idea)
>Are there plenty of public phones?
>Do they allow direct dialling to overseas?
>Can they be operated using prepaid cards?
>
>I have considered carrying a mobile GSM phone. Is the network coverage
adequate?
>I do not assume coverage. My mobile is quite useless in my own home here.
(Network coverage is almost 100%)

>But how would I recharge the battery? Are there power outlets in the
refugios? Do men use electric shavers? (there are power outlets in all the
refugios)

>What voltage is used? I am told that Spain uses 220 and 110 in various
places.(220v is universal. You should probably bring an adaptor plug from
home - it will be next to impossible to find in Spain)