Crucifix in the Camino-Jeffrey

Jeffrey Crawley jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Fri Feb 28 08:09:45 PST 2003

Xosé,

No, sorry, can't be of further help.

I only stumbled upon the church by accident because a lady from the town
council was opening it up as I arrived there. A lot of pilgrims missed out
on it completely. In fact I never even got a photo myself as I had just run
out of film and was aiming to buy some in Melide!

The lady told us this crucifix was quite unique, showing Jesus' human body
already dead and being taken DOWN from the cross. Asymbol, she said, of Him
coming to His last days on earth and us coming towards the end of our
Camino. Amazing sculpture, how did the artist learn so much about pain?

regards

Jeffrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Xosé Manuel Alvariño [mailto:Alvaxmaaol.com]
Sent: 28 February 2003 15:14
To: GOCAMINO
Subject: RE: Crucifix in the Camino-Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey, I do not know how to thank you for this info. Matter of fact, it
was at that gallery that I saw it at, but had failed to bookmark it. Then I
could not figure out at all where I had seen it & didn't know where to go
for info on it. I was impressed by this crucifix. Hope to get a card, statue
of it, whatever is available (have 2 orders already!). Aside from e-mailing
the photographer and the church, do u know about any other place I could
contact? Again, mil gracias.

Abrazos d de Xosé Manuel