Don't hop on the bus through the mesate

Sue Kenney sue.kenneyaSYMPATICO.CA
Thu Feb 27 10:04:59 PST 2003

Pilgrims,

I completely agree with what Michael has said about enduring the Meseta even
though it doesn't seem particularly interesting. I read somewhere before I went
in Nov/Dec 2001, that one can "loose their mind" on the meseta. That comment set
a challenge for me to "beat" the Meseta .Believe me I almost lost my mind at
this stage of my pilgrimage because there is nothing there. No vegetation, no
buildings, no people, no activity. During this time I experienced some of my
deepest moments, together with a sense of profound clarity.

Michael, I did hear a bird on the Meseta. At the time I was walking alone in the
early afternoon on a sunny day. My mind had wandered aimlessly when suddenly a
bird chirped catapulting me into a state of acute awareness. Everything looked
different around me. The colors were vibrant, the sky looked heavenly and most
importantly, at that moment I my sense of one-ness with the universe amplified.
The Meseta has my respect.

Sometimes it can be very simple things that bring us the greatest reward.

Sue