Marcelino: Pan y Vino (Movie)

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Feb 27 10:09:50 PST 2003

Hi Mike,
The movie "Marcelino Pan y Vino" does not include a Cross found in the
Camino.  It was, however inspired by a Crucifix, in the Camino, depicting
Jesus with His right hand extended downward, as though offering it to help
us, even from the Cross.  (someone put my photographs of the Crucifix in my
computer so that they may be e-sent, if you are interested.)
I purchased a video copy of the movie in Sevilla, at the Corte Ingles, and
the quality was excellent; the video, however was in the PAL mode and
entirely in Spanish.  I had it reconverted in New York to NTSC and the
quality of the converted copy is also very good.
  A couple of years ago I saw that a tape of the movie was available at a
video rental store with English subtitles; for the sake of some English
speaking monolingual friends I rented the tape and was sorry to find that its
 quality was pretty awful, almost unwatchable.  Last Christmas the movie was
readily available for sale in DVD, with Eglish subtitles; hoping that the
quality would be better in that medium I purchased a copy and the quality,
again,  was downright deplorable.
 Hope this information helps,
Regards,
Rosina