Spain in the Middle Ages

Barbara Hueter bhueteraEARTHLINK.NET
Wed Feb 26 09:07:27 PST 2003

If you are interested in learning more about the Muslim conquest and subsequent reconquest of Spain,  I recommend you read
The Ornament of the World; How Muslims, Jews, and Christians Created a Culture of Tolerance in Medieval Spain by Maria Rosa Menocal.  Menocal offers a passionate, insightful and multidimensional view of the period.  It is one of the most fascinating books about culture and history that I've read.  It also helped me understand the history of the camino.

It was published in in 2002 by Little, Brown, ISBN:0-316-56688-8.

Barbara Hueter
bhueteraearthlink.net