Digital or Film

Maura Santangelo maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM
Mon Feb 24 09:37:10 PST 2003

Digital vs film camera:

Last year I took only a digital camera on a trip of a lifetime and
almost ended up with no camera at all:  the main drawback was
batteries: rechargeables are better or at least last longer than
disposables, but I could not recharge them in the wilderness, and I
suspect that there will be some difficulty in finding outlets in the
refugios.

Luckily I was combining two trips and was able to get to town in
between.  So  I ended buying a film camera in Kathmandu--not easy and
not cheap.

So I would suggest that you take a camera that does not have many
requirements, that you are comfortable using and that is very light

Peace

Maura