Specifics About Beginning in St. Jean Pied de Port

Kit Nuzum kitaORCASONLINE.COM
Tue Feb 18 13:49:11 PST 2003

mel,stay at the refugio in s.j.p.p or the many hosteles in the old
walled town . also if you arrive early enough you can walk up to hunto
and stay at the gite,really great country style dinner and
breakfast,this takes 7 k. off the next day walk to ronncesvalles
  spend some time in s.j.p.p.great goodies to eat.
  truly kit......

> Last week I emailed an inn to find out how close they are to SJPP,
transportation, etc. They haven't replied. Can someone give some
specifics on beginning from SJPP? By specific, I mean, how close is
closest lodging? I'm flying into Paris at about 9:30 am (May 15), and
will take a train to the closest location possible to begin my
journey, but won't have a full day left to walk. I'd like to reserve a
room ahead of time to eliminate stressing about it.

> I want to begin first thing next morning. What is an average time to
allow for walking from SJPP to Roncevalles, arriving before dark? All
I have read about it is that it is the hardest day's journey of all.
Naturally, I want to be as prepared as possible. For the next 90 days
I'm doing cardiovascular endurance training at my local gym.

> I'm grateful for any assistance on this, and others will be, too.
Thank you.

--
Orcas OnLine - the place on Orcas to get on-line!