2002 Pilgrims

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Thu Feb 13 09:37:31 PST 2003

Hello Carli,
Some years ago I became a member of the Universal Santiago Archconfraternity
and, as such,  I receive the magazine which is published three times per
year.  It is a very pretty glossy work chock-full of all sorts of information
of much interest to pilgrims, in addition to prayers, testimonials,
editorials, and  facts about the historical Camino.
The magazine is written in a highly sophisticated Spanish.  I, for one, read
it with dictionary in hand.  Some months ago I was able to purchase twenty
copies of a particular edition for my parish at 4 Euros per copy; at that
time I was informed that my parish in New York City could subscribe to it;
consequently, It would appear  that subscriptions per se may be available.
Perhaps you can inquire directly by e-mailing the Archicofradia itself at:
      archicofradiaaplanalfa.es     , or its pilgrims' office at:
oficina.peregrinosaplanalfa.es
Although the people there do respond to messages in French and Italian
besides Spanish,  they do not do so in English very often.
By the way, the latest edition, that of January 2003, has on its cover what
is going to be the official poster of the next Jacobean Holy Year, 2004: a
lovely depiction of Maestro Mateo's sculpture of St. James on the Cathedral's
mullion, known as the "parteluz" column, relucent on a navy blue background .
I hope this information helps,
Best regards,
Rosina