From Leon

Remi & Jen remjenaTELUS.NET
Wed Feb 12 16:18:51 PST 2003

  Hi all,
  I have a question that everyone is probably getting sick of... but here it
goes anyway.  In Sept 2001 I made it as far as Leon.  I sprained my ankle
and fractured my foot.  Thus I had to end my journey at this point.  I am
heading back in June to head off from Leon.  I will be doing a field school
with the university before that and therefore won't be lugging my hiking
boots around.  Does anyone think it is reasonable to make the last 300k with
light hikers?  I am just wondering if the trails in Galicia are a little
less rugged, or a little more rugged than the first 460km?  Thank you all
for you patience and advice, as I know the shoe thing is asked a lot on the
listserv.

  Jennifer Bruce