happy feet & MGParker

Russ Irwin rirwinaUSAOR.NET
Fri Feb 7 21:18:48 PST 2003

On Fri, 7 Feb 2003 09:16:06 EST, M Parker <MGParkeraAOL.COM> wrote:

>Buy bigger boots......you are wearing 2 pairs of socks and your feet will
>swell on the trail

Just a note of caution for those who only wear 1 pair of socks. Before my Camino in 2001 I took the
advise of someone who advised to buy hiking boots/shoes in the next wider size because your feet are
supposed to swell. So, I bought a pair of Rockport Alamosas with this in mind and wore them the next
day for my regular 5 mile walk. Heck, I NEVER get blisters, but with the wider size, and after only
a 5 mile hike, I had the start of a blood blister after only 5 miles. I took them back the next day
and they let my exchange them for a 'medium' width. It fixed the problem. I started from St. Jean
over the mountains and never even got the slightest sign of a blister - I did have all sorts of
problems from my ankles on up, but my feet were fine! I also wore coolmax socks - great for wicking
away moisture.

Russ