questions! : carrying water

Melissa Starr mstarrboiseaYAHOO.COM
Thu Feb 6 08:50:14 PST 2003

Thank you for the practical water storage suggestions, and for the story.  I think the story is one to live by at all times, after all, aren't we all but pilgrims--passing through a place in time and space every moment?
Thank you, Pieter.
Melissa
 pieter pannevis <p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL> wrote:Dear all,

Please do not think lightly on consuming water...
The remarks made by my friend Robert Spenger are absolutely correct.

He will permit me to add some remarks...
* Start the day by drinking at least two glasses of water
* Take your coffee or tea at the time you're used to it.
* Do not go to elaborate things as plata...buy two 1.5 Pet bottles of Cola
or whatever: empty them and fill them with water. I do know these IS 3
litres, but better with than without. Roll 1 in your sleeping mat and cover
both sides with paper. Perfect isolation. The other bottles you but on your
right side in one of the spaces your backpack provides.
* Have a front pouch in which you have a small bottle to drink from
* Even if you're not thirsty, keep on drinking sips.
* The moment you feel thirsty you're behind schedule and with the constant
strain (more than in daily life) you lose too much moisture.
* It's nearly impossible if you really are thirsty to recuperate even if you
drink.
* So keep it flowing/running!
* Even if you're not a great in taker of liquids (in whatever form): become
one. 2 litres minimum a day
* If you're running out of water, keep filling it up: you never know what
will happen. (I paid my price!) Next!
* Never ever drink large quantities of really cold water

Have a fluid Camino!
Ultreya and good health to you all !

As always
Pieter and Trigo from Holland