questions! : carrying water

Judith Nollar jnollaraLIBRARY.CALTECH.EDU
Wed Feb 5 16:07:33 PST 2003

I would like to heartily support Bob Spenger's advice on being safe by
carrying adequate water.  There are many long stretches on the Le Puy route
where water is not available; you wouldn't want to count that which cows are
either drinking or standing in! (There are also whole days of walking when
you can't buy food.)  In Sept. 2002, we  also had a   hot, dry walk from
Roncesvalles to Zubiri and the next day from Zubiri to Pamplona as well,
when we were grateful for our stock of 3 liters each.

Walking in Galicia was quite different - much cooler, easier and lots of
bars along the way.  It's a long, long trail and conditions vary a lot.

Judy Nollar