Greetings

Mark E Martin mmarti3aLSU.EDU
Wed Feb 5 06:43:47 PST 2003

Hello All:

Greeting from Baton Rouge, Louisiana! I've just joined the list and, as
requested, am providing an introduction.

A few years ago, the Road to Santiago kept coming up in conversations, on
the radio, in print, pretty much everywhere I looked or listened. I'd never
heard of it before and began to look around to see what I could find out
about it. Now, these few years later, I'm beginning to plan to walk the
walk myself.

If all goes well, I'll walk the Road sometime in 2004. This is timed to be
part of the celebration of my fiftieth year. As the post earlier today
mentioned, I'm looking at an early spring or late fall walk. I, too, wish
to avoid crowds. I look forward to reading the sage wisdom of those who
have walked before!

Cheers!

Mark E. Martin