Usage guidelines for GOCAMINO

Becci Robbins scpointaMINDSPRING.COM
Sun Feb 2 07:38:08 PST 2003

>I was dismayed to see this Listserve turn into a soapbox for people to air
>their >political views or take others to task for doing so. This is not
>because I feel >political discussion should be avoided (Becci Robbins) but I
>feel, along with Xose >Manuel, that the Listserve is for Camino related
>issues.

Hi Rebecca (love that name!),

I did not mean to offend anyone with my post, and if I did, I apologize. My
comments, though, were cultural observations about the differences I
perceived between Americans and others on the trail. I did not make any
political pronouncements.

That said, I maintain that as long as we treat each other with respect we
should be able to talk about any Camino-related issues on this list. Since
the Camino is an international experience (I thought of it as a walking
U.N.) we should be open to talking about more than shoes and blisters. If
that includes politics, so be it. As I said in my earlier post, political
discussion was an integral part of my journey on the Camino. I learned a
great deal from the people I met along the way. Maybe they even learned
something from me. How can that be a bad thing?

Could we all just lighten up?

Becci Robbins