American Denial Nonsense

Jeffrey Crawley jt.crawleyaUKONLINE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 25 05:45:39 PST 2003

There was once a famous headline in the (London) Times newspaper:

Fog in the English Channel, Europe Cut Off!!

Sometimes it's so hard to divorce yourself from nationalistic fervour.

Personally, when in Europe, I try to gloss over the fact I'm English solely
because my (younger) countrymen and women behave so badly there once they
start drinking.

Fortunately I speak French and Spanish, albeit not very well, which is such
a rarity among English people that the question of nationality soon becomes
of secondary concern.

We are, however, all Ambassadors for our countries and so shoulder the
responsibility.

For my part I voted for Tony Blair, I'm partly to blame. Sorry World.

Jeffrey