American Pilgrims on the Camino/Gatherings

Ana Young ayoung2001aYAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 23 19:31:09 PST 2003

--- Edie Bennett <pacificonaEARTHLINK.NET> wrote:

We're from the
> United States but there is
> no name for that.  United Staters?  You are right
> that North America best
> describes us.

Right about the challenge, at least in English. ... At
least the Spaniards have a solution in their language.
We're "estadounidense." I avoid "americana" when
describing my nationality while there and use that
handy word.

The worst thing is to say you're from "America,"
although most Americans use just that word when inside
the U.S.

Happy Christmas to all!
Ana, from a very cold Japan