Been there, done that

Ben Olas justforcaminoaHOTMAIL.COM
Tue Dec 23 16:40:52 PST 2003

Yes and no.  The bigger cities will have it, like Pamplona, Leon, and
Burgos, but small places like Los Arcos may or may not.  I will get my maps
and then give you a better idea of what we found along the way.  The bigger
cities had large establishments with many computers, whereas some places
only had like one or two computers at the combo grocery/library/video
stores.  Both of us are in the IT industry, so 6 days without internet
access was tough at first but then we got used to it.  Also, Spain has some
really trippy business hours so some places will open really late (after you
are already on the road <sob>) or not be open for days at a time.  I had a
digital camera with a USB card reader that got fried in Leon when trying to
FTP some pictures home (169 pictures, the first 2 and a half weeks of our
trip gone!!!).  The really well to do setups would delete your profile every
time you got done and would not give you the option to install additional
software, so you didn't have to be too concerned about spyware or your
passwords to email accounts being stolen.  Some of the smaller places were
so virus'd out that we really limited our usage.  One place gave us free
internet access in exchange for getting all the porn off their computers.
Alot may have changed in a year, so there may be even more available now.

Ben