On to towells!

Karen Mallory mallkaMTS.NET
Tue Dec 23 14:22:27 PST 2003

Deanna

Your body is beautiful because it is strong and has defeated a dread invasion.  I hope you are proud of it for those reasons.  I expect that  you've become sensitive to the gasps or little silences that happen and I'm sorry that you have to endure them but, in the long run, you  have triumphed in the battle that led to your mastecomies, and showering in an open washroom is another triumph.  I salute you.

Karen
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: athena
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 11:41 AM
  Subject: Re: On to towells!

  I think my mistake was that I got the smallest towell.
  Yes, my sarongs each weigh too much to think about. When I ran into  bathrooms with no shower doors, I was lucky enough to be able to get into the last shower stall, and I figured people wouldn't look at me on purpose. It was an experience requiring some courage, however, since I have had two mastectomies and my body is a bit horrific on top!
  Deanna

  Maura Santangelo <maurasantangeloaSTNY.RR.COM> wrote:
    Deanna,

    If it's any help, I ended up mailing my sarong back and kept the towel.
    All the showers had curtains or doors while I was on the walk,
    apparently this was not always the case, so the sarong made sense as it
    could double as a shower curtain. Some women also used it as a curtain
    in the bunks for privacy. As for towels, do get the larger of the
    chamois towels.

    Maura