On to towells!

Galen Wilkerson galen_wilkersonaYAHOO.COM
Sun Dec 21 16:38:45 PST 2003

Deanna, I really don't mean to be rude, but I think you are over-worrying
about things that aren't important, which is probably very normal before
taking on such an adventure.  It's a 5 week walk outside, it will be a
little uncomfortable in very minor ways.  I'm sure I will be flamed for
saying that, being insensitive, etc. etc. oh well. Flame on.

Personally, I'd worry more about preventing blisters, joint and tendon
problems, and finding ways to not have to rush to the next hostel, so you
can enjoy the outdoors and walk at whatever pace you want and be
spontaneous.  You might get the ultimate towelling appliance :), but in the
meantime miss out on these other things.

I liked the chamois towel.

Now someone will flame me because the towel is a vital part of the mystical
experience, etc.  :)  Maybe refer to the "suffering = knowledge" thread.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 16:13:08 -0800, athena <deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM> wrote:

>Thanks to all who gave information and opinions on wool (cashmere) versus
microfleece. In answer to one question, I am not sure what kind of wool
cashmere is, but it is non-itchy. In answer to another comment, inexpensive
cashmere is available on e-bay if you just watch for it.

>Now... what did you use to dry yourself after a shower? Terrycloth stays
wet for a long time. I had one of thase "camping towells", like a thick
blue chamois. It absorbed a lot of water and dried in the air quickly, but
I, myself, never felt dry after using it. It seemed to leave me over-moist,
feeling a bit sticky and unpleasant.

>Of course, I could just dance around the dorm...but do you have any
miracle options for drying off?