pre-christian camino, etc.

athena deannabowlingaYAHOO.COM
Tue Dec 16 09:10:09 PST 2003

Thank you, Sally. That was beautiful (as your writings often are) and remined me of my quest for the "knowledge" of faith...a knowledge which is impossible, yet there in my heart, never in my mind.
Your comment on the things we don't know because of the limits of our urban environment reminded me of my talk with a Girl Scout last night. We were driving to her pick-up spot, through the immense darkness of the desert on a completely unlit, dirt road. That always scares me! This time, it prompted me to remark to the girl that we were blessed, that city children never get to experience such darkness, that some children do not look up every night and see the Milky Way.
We are often blinded by the light of our own knowledge and progress, I guess.
Deanna