Nooteboom's book/writing

pieter pannevis pieterpannevisaGMX.NET
Sat Dec 13 08:19:18 PST 2003

Hi Sally,
The roads to Santiago is more a book of an ongoing love affair of Cees
Nooteboom with Spain
It has not so much to do with Santiago...
I do agree with you that it's a good book, but rather difficult to read

Cees Nooteboom got this Dutch literature reward for the whole of his oeuvre
When preparing for ST Barbara I had lunch with him in Amsterdam

He is very intellectual and. very aware of his powers in that field.
I find it difficult to read the book

Sometimes it seems he is showing off he knowledge, but. He is the best
writer we have and is the "most translated" I think.

Hope this clears a bit!

Pieter

---