Nooteboom's book/writing

Sally Haden hadense1948aHOTMAIL.COM
Sat Dec 13 06:46:28 PST 2003

Dear Pieter
I am sorry but I don't understand your email...

>Dear all,
>Just got word in that the only literature prize Cees Nooteboom failed (the
>Dutch author on the novel 'the roads to Santiago") got the prestigious
>Dutch
>award: The PC Hooft prize 2004.
>The 71 years old author was not available for comment

I mention it in view of the current interest in writing here on this forum.
Are you telling us that his book got the Dutch prize after all?  I tried
reading that book a while ago.  Very laudable, very beautiful and very
erudite, but NOT easy.  Worthy of many awards, but not what I'd pack for a
weekend.

And for those who haven't read it, it isn't very much about the Camino at
all!  Its about Spain and its culture, history, art etc.

Still, maybe I should re-read it.

Sally
Lancashire, UK