february

Galen Wilkerson galen_wilkersonaYAHOO.COM
Mon Dec 1 14:12:00 PST 2003

Hi, as far as doing the camino in winter, plan on cold rain!

If I were going to do it then (heck, I was in galicia in november,
basically winter), I would have brought- wool sweater, at least one layer
of upper and lower synthetic longjohns.  Do not bring anything made of
cotton.  Thinnish synthetic layers are best, because you can wash them and
put them on and they will even dry on your body, which might be the only
way.  I love my old thin tan synthetic hiking pants, 'cause I can wash them
once a month and they look good, and I can wear layers under them.

Galicia has the rainiest weather, so count on that.  It's beautiful though.

Oh, also, think of a way (plastic homemade gaiters) to keep water from
running off your poncho into your boots/socks, I got the only blisters I
had when my socks got wet between Santiago and Finisterra.

Galen