Tough sections on the knees

Lydia Banales lydiaaBANALES.NET
Sat Aug 23 22:28:33 PDT 2003

I walked from SJPP to Val Carlos to Ronscesvalle to Viscarett (short of
Zubiri) with a torn medial meniscus.  Aleve (Over the counter Naprosyn)
helped me a lot.  There was a section before Viscarett where the trail
had a lot of rock formations that were uneven but not loose. It was very
painful for me and I had to stop. So I got a taxi in Zubiri. If your
friend's knee is sore, but intact, he may be ok if he goes slowly and
has a good walking stick. You walk near the road until Viscarett so he
can decide there if he need's a ride or if he can keep going. It's a
very pretty section. Lydia