An empty week or a can of worms?

Tania taniaraGOLDEN.NET
Thu Aug 21 11:34:32 PDT 2003

I haven't received messages until today because 1) beautiful Ontario
experienced a very major "blackout" across the Province and we are just
starting to receive emails now, and of course like everyone else 2) the worm
virus!!

Hope everyone who has recently completed or are starting the Camino had/has a
wonderful journey!

Tania

Quoting Vera Hamson <thamsonaMTS.NET>:

> I have been receiving the same rejected messages with worm since
> yesterday's mail from the list. Luckily I am also protected but it is
> still very annoying.
>
> Vera
>

> >The only thing I've been getting are a series of rejected incoming
> messages which contain a worm virus.  All have come from US addresses
> and, as this forum is the only one I'm attached to on this computer,
> presumably one of us is infected and forwarding the virus or else my
> email address has started to attract the wrong sort of attention!
> >
> >Fortunately we have very high level protection here but you might wish
> to check out your systems just in case.
> >
> >Just two weeks to go before I set out and, I must admit, I'm more
> nervous (maybe concerned is more accurate) than before.  Presumably
> because I know what is ahead of me whereas before I was travelling
> blind.
> >
> >Certainly I don't feel as prepared physically or mentally as I did
> before but at least the kit pruning has been effective, I'm down to a 40
> litre pack (about 2400 cu in)and seriously wondering if THAT's really
> all I need for 5 weeks on the road!  Before anybody asks, I've not
> weighed it and don't wish to either.  It feels comfortable and that
> should be that.
> >
> >The new boots have only done about 40 miles but I haven't had the time
> to more hiking, worse than that I bought a pair of ordinary, black
> leather shoes for the office and got a heel blister the second time I
> wore them!  Fortunately the boots fit like a glove and I'll be taking
> hiking sandles too.
> >
> >This morning I checked out the weather forecast for the next 5 days and
> see that Bilbao is expected to be 38C 100F on Saturday, Santiago 32C
> 89F. Does anybody know how these conditions are affecting the water
> supply along the route?
> >
> >Back to work I guess, only 6 more working days to go and, I must admit,
> it's hard to keep my mind on the job.
> >
> >Anybody else about to leave?
> >
> >kind regards to all
> >
> >Jeffrey

Tania

\"Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an
 indomitable will.\" ~Mahatma Gandhi