Lack of e-mail and departure

Dave Buchan dbuchanaPARADISE.NET.NZ
Thu Aug 21 01:15:07 PDT 2003

I have also been suprised by the lack of Camino e-traffic. I look forward to all the messages when I turn on the computer each morning but lately there's been a sad dearth.Like Jeffrey I am about to depart for the Camino. In my case I leave home, Auckland, New Zealand, on September 14th. I was quite amused to see the Norte Americanos complaining about possible jet lag. Try flying from the ends of the earth. My total travel time is going to be 31 hours - Auckland - Sydney - Bangkok - Rome - Madrid on a through flight with only transit stopovers! I arrive, due to travelling against time the morning after I leave (despite the real elapsed time) at 10.15 am. I think I will stay in Madrid on the remainder of the 15th, and catch the 07.30 Pamplona train on the 16th, then catch a bus to Rouncevalles that same afternoon. I will begin the walk on the 17th and hope to complete the whole camino within a month. I have a flight home booked, leaving Madrid on the 20th October, so have a few days grace.If anyone sees flaws in my early intinery please comment. Its sad to say but I'm already fully packed and wish I was walking out the door tonight instead of three weeks time. Hope to see some of you on the trail.

Dave