An empty week or a can of worms?

Mary Bolster BelizemcbaAOL.COM
Wed Aug 20 05:48:56 PDT 2003

I'm also getting excited, Jeffrey, although I have until Sept 21 to wait. I
also have a simple rucksack and am paring down my gear every night as I go to
sleep. I have been walking w/ the pack and my boots, but the first pair of
boots gave me blisters. So, I now have Vasques w/ Gortex and a nice wide toe box.
Will walk on them for the next four weeks to break them in, but they feel much
better than the first pair. Except for walking, I feel ready as I can be for
this journey. My concern is blisters slowing me down since I have only 28
days, and will begin at Roncevalles. I really just want to get started! Mary