An empty week or a can of worms?

Crawley, Jeffrey jeffrey.crawleyaFABERMAUNSELL.COM
Wed Aug 20 02:54:33 PDT 2003

The only thing I've been getting are a series of rejected incoming messages which contain a worm virus.  All have come from US addresses and, as this forum is the only one I'm attached to on this computer, presumably one of us is infected and forwarding the virus or else my email address has started to attract the wrong sort of attention!

Fortunately we have very high level protection here but you might wish to check out your systems just in case.

Just two weeks to go before I set out and, I must admit, I'm more nervous (maybe concerned is more accurate) than before.  Presumably because I know what is ahead of me whereas before I was travelling blind.

Certainly I don't feel as prepared physically or mentally as I did before but at least the kit pruning has been effective, I'm down to a 40 litre pack (about 2400 cu in)and seriously wondering if THAT's really all I need for 5 weeks on the road!  Before anybody asks, I've not weighed it and don't wish to either.  It feels comfortable and that should be that.

The new boots have only done about 40 miles but I haven't had the time to more hiking, worse than that I bought a pair of ordinary, black leather shoes for the office and got a heel blister the second time I wore them!  Fortunately the boots fit like a glove and I'll be taking hiking sandles too.

This morning I checked out the weather forecast for the next 5 days and see that Bilbao is expected to be 38C 100F on Saturday, Santiago 32C 89F. Does anybody know how these conditions are affecting the water supply along the route?

Back to work I guess, only 6 more working days to go and, I must admit, it's hard to keep my mind on the job.

Anybody else about to leave?

kind regards to all

Jeffrey