Sandals???

David Hough caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 6 15:31:38 PDT 2003

The most common footwear among Pacific Crest Trail
through hikers seems to be trail running shoes,
of which NB 805's are an example among many others.
The PCT is
4000km and packs are tyically somewhat heavier and
the terrain worse than the camino.    Your mileage
may vary, but for many people the light weight
is more important than anything else in terms of
comfort day after day.

When it rained all day in France on three occasions,
I used Tevas with Sealskinz(?) divers socks and very
lightweight liner socks as
suggested by somebody on this list.