On Water, etc.

Guillermo J. Grenier Guillermo.GrenieraFIU.EDU
Wed Aug 6 07:55:26 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Just a brief comment on the water issue.  My family and I started
walking the Camino back in 1995 when my daughter was 9 and my son 12.
Since then, we've walked from Roncesvalles three times, from Somport
once and the Camino Primitivo from Oviedo once.  We've never bought
bottled water other than for the container. We've refilled from the
hundreds of cool fountains that you find virtually in every village.
When the water is not fit to drink, you will see a well posted sign
declaring the water "No Potable."

We've also never had any trouble with dogs, thieves, or perverts and
consider the Camino one of the safest paths in the world.  We will be
starting in Le Puy next summer and are looking forward to it with
growing impatience.  There is nothing like the Camino.

Buen Camino

Guillermo