Eight days

David Hough caminooakappleaYAHOO.COM
Mon Aug 4 18:15:58 PDT 2003

Having no expectations at all seems to be a good plan,
since a very common comment is that what people got
was not was they expected.    Anyway it worked for me
fairly well.

But if I were going for only a few days, I'd certainly
want them to be  continuous.   Ponferrada
through Galicia to Santiago, then to Fisterra - via
Muxia in order to get the experience of not being in
a crowd - that took me 12 hiking days, but others
might be faster.   The ascent to O Cebreiro is
essential!

As for seeing everything, another thing that almost
everybody says is that they want to repeat the walk
because they missed so much.   This seems to be true
whether they were fast or slow.    If I ever do the
Camino Frances again, I'd try to stay at places
halfway
between the places I stayed at this year.