"Con Don o Sin Don"

Xosé Manuel Alvariño ElcaminomejalaaAOL.COM
Sat Apr 26 11:01:29 PDT 2003

In a message dated 4/26/2003 12:50:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
p.pannevisaCHELLO.NL writes:

> Don means Sir or master!

Hmmm.....I think "Don,"  meant more "Mr."  My grandad was a gallego farmer
and I remember him being addessed as "Don...."     "Amo" was used for
"Master," for example, by slaves.   The wordage was also used: Señor