"PLastify" your backpack at he airport

Lia Puglesi the_next_adventureaYAHOO.COM.AR
Sat Apr 19 19:16:20 PDT 2003

Hi everybody:

We are leaving in 14 days! we are very excited but haven't even gotten the
most important stuff for the trip -boots and backpacks - yet. So, I may be
asking you several questions in the next days.

So, reading the posts in the archives, I came across all the questions
about if it is convenient or not to ckeck the backpack in , if it is
convenient to buy a bag for it and so forth.

Maybe you already know it, but just in case, there is a system in the
airports, a machine, where for 5 bucks you can get your backpack wrapped
in plastic. I don't like it particualrly because I try to avoid the use of
plastic (the "plastic pollution" as much as I can. But it is one more
option, and I have use it several times for long trips that required me
transfers I Chile at the Pudahuel, they cut 2 different pieces of luggage
I have, one of them was brand new. I don't know if that's something they
do to still thing from your bag (part of my clothing looks as if they had
been trying to pull it out) or if it just something that they do to
argentinean travelers. I've heard that story hundreds of time.

We'll check out our backpacks after having them wrapped this time.

Lia