Adresses of the refuges and costs

Keyl On the Road the_next_adventureaYAHOO.COM.AR
Fri Apr 18 11:11:28 PDT 2003

1) "Are the refugios and hostels easy to locate and how do you know exactly where
they are?

2) How much money per day per person should one expect to spend on food, etc?"

Hi just in case you still haven't found answers for this questions:

- I have a list of all the addresses of all the refuges from Sain Jean Pied de Port until Santiago.

If anybody wants it, can write me at the_next_adventureayahoo.com.ar
 The prices of the Refuges on my list range from "donation" to 6 Euros and this list is from last year. A little sugestion: when in Spain they ask you for a donation for an activity, event  or place that is similar in characteristics to other places, events or activities in the area that charge a fixed fee, they actually expect you to leave a donation a little higher than the cheapest fee around.

About the food:

The last time I was in the area, you really could get a pretty substantious meal for the equivalent to 6 dollars (they weren't using euros yet) I don't think it have changed that much. The meal usually includes a main course and deserta and coffe and the main course usually comes with a salad.

You can get lots of fruits and vegetables and very good quality yogurth and milk (organic products) mcuh chaper than here. I would say that, if you are staying  at the refuges and you eat frugal without being hungry, you may need to spend between 18 and 30 dollars a day at most. Museums, castles and other monuments range from $ 0,75 to $ 6 the most expensive. A contribution to the churches, cathedrals and abbeys is of course, always very welcome.

Lía.

Thanks in advance and blessed Holy week and Easter.

Lynn Bailey

End of GOCAMINO Digest - 11 Apr 2003 to 12 Apr 2003 (#2003-98)

¡Navegá y ayudá a un chico! Por cada usuario que se conecte a Internet
con Yahoo! Conexión en abril, Yahoo! donará un plato de comida
para un niño a través de la asociación Por los chicos.