Getting Lost

Richard Ferguson peregrinoaATT.NET
Sat Apr 12 15:49:49 PDT 2003

I got completely lost my first day, when I took the alternate route rather
than the main route.  I went many miles out of my way that day, and a
bartender gave me a little tourist map which helped me get back to the
route.  After that I asked directions a lot, especially when I had not seen an
arrow for a while.  I still can't believe that I never got a bad direction on the
Camino.

I think that a map is helpful in some places, some guidebooks have a
little map on each page, but not the British Confraternity guides.   If I do it
again I will try to have some kind of map with me, even if it does not have
much detail.

Richard