Camino Aragonés

Carlos Mentley mentleyaERSKINE.EDU
Wed Apr 2 08:11:45 PST 2003

A very delayed update: My (11) students and I had a simply wonderful
Camino this last January.  We started in Roncesvalles on the 29th of
December and walked into Santiago the night of January 25.  We had
sunshine and warm temperatures at the very beginning, rain and wind from
Estella to Frómista, cold and sunny to Rabanal, then rain and cold to
Triacastela (the night we were in O Cebreiro we got six inches of new
snow), rain and more rain to Palas de Rei, and then beautiful sunshine
through Santiago.  I am now a huge fan of walking in the winter and plan
to do it again with another student group next year.

I am looking for information!  I plan to walk the Camino Aragonés at the
end of May, from Somport to Puente la Reina.  I have some printed
material on it, but nothing that lays out exactly where the albergues
are and what are the walking times and conditions in terms of
difficulty.  Any of you who have walked this Camino, I would love to
hear whatever you can tell me about it.  Atentamente,

Carlos Mentley