A small bit of help

Peggy Healy peggyhealyaOPTONLINE.NET
Tue Apr 1 05:46:39 PST 2003

Dear Linda:  I am happy to be a part of Friends and I thank you for all the
work you do.  I will be doing a part of the Camino for the first time
beginning on May 1.  I will walk from Roncesvalles to Estella and then from
Ponfeerrada to Santiago since I only have limited time.  I have read
everything I can in the archives about weather etc. but am still confused.
Will I need more that a waterprood windbreaker and my fleece jacket and
pants for the cold/rain?.  I am trying to find some goretex pants as well
but I have such a limited budget so I may just use the jacket with hood and
get my legs wet! I am also assuming that it might get warm in some places as
well--but would I ever need shorts?

I have one other request--for some information.  I have scoured my libraries
for Camino materials and have found a few.  But there is a resource in
Spanish that is a kind of a binder (it looks like from a photocopy I have).
It's in Spanish which I read and the page I have says Resumen de Etapas
which is a summary of the distances, refugios, distances and travel time,
etc. for the camino.  I wonder if you might have an idea about how I could
get a photocopy of the summary pages from Ponferrada to Santiago--it may
only be two or three pages.  I have the St James Confraternity book as my
guide but this has other very useful info.  Thank you so much for this.  I
have found the listserve and all to be very useful and I am so looking
forward to my first camnio.

All the very best to you.
Peggy Healy