What about walking sticks?

Gist, Megan mgistaKELLER.EDU
Mon Sep 23 09:43:41 PDT 2002

yes- walking gloves - made of polypropylene.....these gloves keep your hands
dry if it rains, sweeps away moisture.   my hands didn't hurt me at all and
i am missing my first digit on my right hand and an 1/2 inch of webspace
between the thumb and first finger (car accident, 1992).  you'll do fine.  i
also discovered that if i screwed two "eyes" into my walking stick and
threaded a piece of twine through each "screw-eyelet" that i could carry it
like it had a shoulder strap if i got tired of using it.  i could still
"fit" through 6 inch trails without having to worry about the width of
hitting things on either side of the trail.  even with 25 pounds on my back,
it still seemed like it was rather weightless.

-meg

-----Original Message-----
From: B'midbar [mailto:bamidbaraCAMINANTE.US]
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 4:27 PM
To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
Subject: What about walking sticks?

There was some discussion here last winter about the various ways in which
people "discovered" their staff, or vice-versa.  Then there were subsequent
discussions, post 9/11, about getting them back home.  Is it okay to bring
them back on the plane with you, or do you have to find some alternative
mode of shipment?

And while we're talking about walking staffs, what about one's hands?
There's a great deal of discussion about feet and shoes, but I'd think,
after a full day of lifting and planting a stick repeatedly, one's hands
might take a beating, particularly your palms and the space between your
thumb and first finger.  Walking gloves?

Regards, B'midbar.