Only 10 days, unfortunately

B'midbar bamidbaraCAMINANTE.US
Tue Sep 17 12:00:54 PDT 2002

I'm on a red-eye from Washington Dulles to Paris CDG four weeks from tomorrow, with the intent to reach SJPP by train by the afternoon of the 24th.  Hang out that evening, then begin walking the morning of the 25th.  A native of  Colorado, I began training at high altitude on very steep terrain back in March and am currently quite comfortable with 40km (24 miles) day on hilly terrain in approximately 6 to 8 hours, and am looking forward to the trek.  I believe I can cover half the distance from SJPP to Compostela in 10 days no problem.  That being said, I'm soliciting readers' inputs regarding natural and cultural sites to see and take in, and other parts that I can skip over.  I'm quite excited about the human interaction in the refugios in the evenings, but am also very much interested in things to see along the way, as I believe I'll be settled down by mid-afternoon most days.  I'm also interested in opportunities to attend mass in the evenings as I am going for religious reasons.  Recommendations?

I always like it on the listserv when people talk about their own personal experiences and rememberances.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, B'midbar.