?????about the Credencial del Peregrino

Gretchen Gonzalez Gonzamiller2aAOL.COM
Fri Sep 13 10:17:08 PDT 2002

I have already secured the pilgrim passport but I have some questions as to
what is required to fill out in advance.  The section in question reads as
follows:
La parroquia de:______________________________(Is this the parish I attend
locally or the parish where I begin the pilgrimage?)
Obispado de:___________________________________
Abadia de: _____________________________________
Cofradia de:_______________________________________
Asociacion de: ____________________________________

Presenta a: __________________________________
Direccion:
De la Cofradia o Asociacion de:______________________
que ha salido el dia__________________
etc
This would seem to be details that a parish on the camino would fill out. I
would then just have the local parish fill these out?
Also can one secure a pilgrim's staff in either of these towns?
If we start in Cebreiro it would mean taking a bus or a train to Ponferrada
and then either a bus or a taxi to Cebreiro to begin.(I've read in the
archives that taxis are reasonable - any idea on prices?)
  We only have from the 12 of October to the 20th to do the camino as we want
to arrive by that Sunday's noon mass.  Opinions please as to where to begin -
Sarria (there is an overnite train to Sarria from Madrid and we would get off
the train and hit the road on the 11th after mass and getting the credential
signed)
Or we could take the bus or train from Madrid to Ponferrada during the day
and from there another bus or taxi to Cebreiro spend the night in the refugio
and begin in the morning.  I am so intrigued with the town of Cebreiro that
I'd really like to begin there. Opinions please?
Any suggestions as to where to stay in Santiago?  The places listed from the
Archdioces of Santiago include:   Pp. Franciscanos
                                                 Semenario Menor
                                                 C Juan Pablo II
                                                 Xunta Galicia
Finally - any suggestions as to where to get commemorative tokens in
Santiago.
One of the reasons I am doing this pilgrimage is for charity:  Rotary's
International Campaign for Polio Eradication and for the Leukemia and
Lymphoma Society.
I have over 200 sponsors that I would like thank with a small souvenir from
El Camino. I must be something that I can send in an approx 4" X 9" envelope.
Thanks for any ideas and input on all my questions!
Gretchen