Barajas airport

Elizabeth Boylston-Morris TagelleaAOL.COM
Wed Sep 11 15:40:28 PDT 2002

Hello Lisa,
Three years ago, as I was at the Barajas airport looking for the connecting
flight in a trip from Granada to Rome I suffered a sudden and severe asthma
attack.  Before I knew it, I was at the airport clinic being cared for by the
doctor and nurses there.  After a few hours of impressive medical attention,
I was put in a wheel chair and taken to the plane in a special van that had a
lift to one of the airplane's doors.  During the flight, the air attendants
in that Iberia plane were very solicitous and attentive, to the point of
seeing me off the plane and even taking me to the area where my bags, which
had arrived in an earlier flight, were waiting for me. Even although I do not
speak a word of Spanish and the nurses and air attendants kept speaking to me
in Spanish, I could understand and appreciate their touching concern.   For
sure, I have nothing but good things to say about Barajas and its personnel.
As for visiting Spain, the New York Times recently reported that Spain is the
second most visited country, (the first is France), and that many of the
tourists are repeat visitors.  It has also been reported that, except for
Mexico, the largest number of people from the United States living abroad
reside in Spain.
And why not? The country is beautiful and endlessly fascinating historically,
artistically and culturally, the food is excellent,  the people are kind and
generous, and, of course, the Camino is in Spain.
Best wishes,
Liz