bus to Pamplona

Carlos Mentley mentleyaERSKINE.EDU
Sat Sep 7 09:42:04 PDT 2002

If I may offer an alternative (one which I personally find very attractive) to
the Madrid-Pamplona bus ride ...

If you have the time and the inclination, you might like spreading the trip to
Pamplona over two days with an overnight stop in Zaragoza.  Zaragoza has both
a beautiful cathedral and the Basilica del Pilar, whose name derives from one
of the legends of St. James.  This is in fact the route that I will be taking
later this year: from Barajas airport, take a taxi (or a combination of
bus/taxi) into Madrid to the Chamartin train station.  Take the next available
train to Zaragoza and spend the night there (accommodations in Zaragoza are
plentiful even in the high season).  Then take a train the next morning to
Pamplona; this leaves you time to walk around at your leisure before moving on
to your Camino starting point.  Depending on how much you like to get things
done early, you can purchase your train tickets at the airport when you
arrive; you can even reserve them online from here in the States and then pay
for them at the airport or the train station.

However you end up traveling to Pamplona, I wish you a safe and pleasant
journey.  --Carlos