Compostela: Spanish v Latin

Norman Luttrell normanluttrellaEARTHLINK.NET
Sat Sep 7 08:07:51 PDT 2002

Hi Jeffrey, nice to see you back from your tour of duty, do you have any
new comments on the Ruta da La Plata, it is still on my mind. I'm thinking of
Dec/Jan. time frame.

marthahassen2000ayahooo.com

----- Original Message -----

From: Jeffrey Crawley

To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU

Sent: 9/2/02 1:15:32 AM

Subject: Re: Compostela: Spanish v
Latin

Certainly last year the three (delightful) Spanish girls shoed lots
of

interest in where you had come from, how long you had taken - just in
front

of me were two wonderful Austrain pilgrims in their 60's who had walked
all

the way from Vienna!

When I started out from SJPP and again at Roncesvalles I put

down "religious" (I'm RC) but I did notice that although equal interest
was

shown in "tourist" or "pleasure" pilgrims - and I'm not sneering here
-

they definitely only got the "short" form of Compostella.

What's the alternative though?  If you lie and say you did it for
religious

reasons when that's not true surely you debase your own Camino?

It is, after all, only a piece of paper.  The fact that you did
it at all,

for whatever reason, elevates you into a unique brotherhood.

--- Norman Luttrell

--- normanluttrellaearthlink.net

--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.