Ronscevalles September 24

Rosina Lila BlaroliaAOL.COM
Wed Sep 4 10:08:45 PDT 2002

Hi Karen,
You needn't prearrange for the pilgrims' bus from Pamplona to Roncesvalles;
availability is on  first-come first-served basis. If there are more pilgrims
than a single bus would hold they will add either a minibus or another bus.
In Roncesvalles the bus stops in front of the Colegiata buildings; there is a
large room, or hall, on the left side of the entrance, furnished with long
tables, where the credentials are dispensed; in the room there are several
multi-lingual volunteers to direct and help the pilgrims.
The pilgrims' blessing service begins at 8:00 p.m. It is timed to allow the
pilgrims coming by bus sufficient time to obtain the credential, arrange for
albergue accommodations, etc.
If you have time, do visit the gift shop; they have carved wooden little
backpacks, about 3"x1", which are memorable.  I've never seen them anywhere
else; they also have all sorts of maps and guide books in several languages.
You'll have an unforgettable time, I'm sure.
Regards,
Rosina