La Credencial del Peregrino

fkjaer fkjaeraPOST7.TELE.DK
Thu Oct 31 10:25:35 PST 2002

Hi Robert,

In my humble opinion you do not have to apoligize for your sense of humor.
I for one quite enjoyed your posting.
You said in a later mail that the information may come under the category of "Urban Legend," although the thread was short. But then again: threads usually are in urban legends. The persons referred to are more often than not "a neighbour's cousin", "a colleague's sister", etc.
The important thing is however, as you say yoursef, that the idea of a credencial complete with a whole set of stamps is possible. We who have both been to the camino and live in the modern world know that such things exist. F.x. once in Pamplona during The San Fermin Festival I saw white T-shorts for sale with torn holes in them and red stains and blots looking like blood. Thus you can enjoy your morning coffee in peace and quiet at Papa's table at Cafe Iruna while others run like hell through Calle Estafeta with the bulls at their heels, and afterwards stroll the Plaza Castillo wearing your bloody T-shirt.
We can only feel sorry for people like that (and have a laugh at their expense as I'm sure many of us had reading your mail.)

Frans.
56° 11' 38.6'' N - 10° 14' 5.36'' E