Madrid to Pamplona: Current Bus Info

Judith Nollar jnollaraLIBRARY.CALTECH.EDU
Tue Oct 15 18:35:20 PDT 2002

Dear Friends,

I know this info is hard to chase down and am delighted to share it.  At the
Atocha train station in Madrid, Tourist Info. will hand out a list of the
various bus companies with their phone numbers and destinations.  This is
how we found out that we should take the Continental Autocar (green buses)
from Estacion del Sur bus station in order to reach Pamplona.  Our
Spanish-speaking companera then telephoned the Continental Co. to get the
schedule and reserve & purchase tickets with a credit card.  I would only
recommend this for fluent Spanish speakers.

The bus we chose left at 10:30 a.m.; when we arrived at the Estacion del
Sur, we had a confirmation number and retrieved the actual tickets.  There
are seven buses to Pamplona each day, by way of Alcala de Henares and Soria,
between 8:00 a.m. and 21:30.  We arrived in central Pamplona about 3:00, and
we were met by Sr. Francisco, whom we had also called from Madrid. We were a
full van, and drove directly to St. Jean P-P. Everything went remarkably
well.

For non-Spanish speakers, I believe it would work to either ask the tourist
desk at the train station, or even perhaps the airport, to call Continental
Bus and get the current schedule to Pamplona for you, or to go directly to
the Estacion del Sur and then just wait for the next bus out.

I could not locate this bus info on the web ( there are a bewildering number
of bus companies in Spain) before we left, but once I had the Company name
and was home, I found their web site with schedule information.  It is at:
<http://www.continental-auto.es/continental/js_chorario.php?zona=_LR&origen=
MADRID>
http://www.continental-auto.es/continental/index.php
<http://www.continental-auto.es/continental/index.php>