Announcement - Future Pilgrim Gatherings

Marty Robinson superbobaINTERISLAND.NET
Sun Oct 13 08:34:51 PDT 2002

Hello Lin - Please send me information/agenda regarding the pilgrim gathering at St. Gregory's on November 9.  Thank you very much.
Marty Robinson
360 Duck Soup Lane
Friday Harbor, WA  98250
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: lin galea
  To: GOCAMINOaPETE.URI.EDU
  Sent: Monday, September 30, 2002 11:01 AM
  Subject: Announcement - Future Pilgrim Gatherings

  Pilgrim Gathering 2003

    Dear Fellow and Future Pilgrims:

    We are pleased to announce the Sixth Annual Gathering of Pilgrims to take place in Columbia, Missouri, the weekend of March 28-30, 2003. Barbara and Ozzie Overby, veteran pilgrims and hospitaleros, in conjunction with the Department of Art History and Archaeology at the University of Missouri, from which Ozzie is retired, have joined in co-hosting our next annual gathering.

    In addition to many wonderful opportunities to meet and mingle with other pilgrims, Barbara and Ozzie have great plans in the works. Friday evening introductions have become a much looked-forward-to tradition offering new and returning pilgrims the chance to share their story. For this year's event, Barbara and Ozzie have arranged to welcome us with a typical Missouri-style barbecue. Saturday morning will be given over to talks on various cultural aspects of the Camino; after lunch, we will break into smaller groups for special topics. Saturday's activities will conclude with a meal together. Sunday morning dust your boots off for a hike on the Katy Trail along the Missouri River, concluding our gathering with lunch at a vineyard high on a bluff overlooking the river. We are especially pleased to have as keynote speaker David Gitlitz, co-author with his wife, Linda Davidson, of the essential reference to the Camino: The Pilgrimage Road to Santiago

    Final details of the program, as well as costs, registration, hotel and transportation information will be available late November. To receive a registration packet, contact Zita Macy at the address below. In the meantime, mark your calendar and reserve those dates. For questions or input, Barbara or Ozzie would be happy to hear from you. Telephone: 573-442-7882 or e-mail: overbyoamissouri.edu.

    Other Pilgrim Events:
    Garlic Soup and Stories -- San Francisco, November 9th, 2002, at St. Gregory's Episcopal Church in San Francisco. This is a one-day event for past and future pilgrims to meet and share their stories, moderated by Kathy Gower. For more information, contact Lin Galea: lingaleaahotmail.com or phone 415-441-5951, 1070 Green Street, SF, CA 94133.

    7th Annual Pilgrim Gathering -- For those who like to plan ahead, the 2004 Gathering of Pilgrims will be March 26-28, 2004, at the Old Mission Santa Barbara, California. Questions regarding this event can be directed to Edie Bennett, pacificonaearthlink.net or phone: 714-585-8954